VeggieTales: Veggie Rocks!
|$ 13.99 |
||$ 2.66 (19%)
|1. ||Veggie Tales Theme Song - Rebecca St. James|
|2. ||I Love My Lips|
|3. ||Promised Land - Sanctus Real|
|4. ||In the Belly of the Whale - Newsboys|
|5. ||Water Buffalo Song - Superchic[k] Alumni|
|6. ||I'm So Blue - Paul Colman|
|7. ||Hairbrush Song - Audio Adrenaline|
|8. ||Pirates Who Don't Do Anything - Relient K|
|9. ||I Can Be Your Friend|
|10. ||His Cheeseburger|
01. Veggie Tales Theme Song
02. I Love My Lips
03. Promised Land
04. In the Belly Of The Whale
05. The Water Buffalo Song
06. I'm So Blue
07. The Hairbrush Song
08. The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
09. I Can Be Your Friend
10. His Cheeseburger
Record Label ForeFront Records
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 4.87" Width: 5.87" Height: 0.39"
Weight: 0.21 lbs.
Release Date Mar 9, 2004
Publisher CHORDANT ACNT# 3707
Availability 1 units.
Availability accurate as of May 26, 2017 10:35.
Usually ships within one to two business days from La Vergne, TN.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.
Reviews - What do our customers think?
|Our entire house are Veggie Fans!?! Dec 23, 2006|
|Got kids from 5 to 17? Parents in the house with a crazy sense of humor? Then you'll love this VEGGIE ROCKS album! The four people in our house have different favorite songs (the PIRATE SONG has always been a strong contender!), and this CD is one we always take along in the car on any lengthy drive.|
|Veggie ROCKS! Apr 28, 2006|
|I came from a pretty hardrock background as far as music goes, so it was refreshing to find stuff with clean fun lyrics that also sounds good. These Veggie tunes rock me to the core!|
|Legendary Larry Mar 3, 2006|
|If you've enjoyed Veggie Tales and their crazy songs, and you have a house inhabited by 7 to 16 year olds, this CD will be a hit. Great family driving music. You already know all the lyrics, but now enjoy them to some serious rocking.|
|Child review (first grader) Feb 24, 2006|
|Veggie Rocks, misc artists|
Review by GMC, 2006
I like the pirate song best. I like when they say they've 'never been to boston in the fall'. My little brother likes it too.
I don't like the song when they say they're 'blue'
Anybody who knows veggie tales and likes rock should get this CD.
|Veggies Rock! Oct 23, 2005|
|I bought this CD hoping that it would live up to its name, and it does. Though each song is changed even a little to fit the style of the artist(s) covering it, the lyrics are the witty Veggie Tales creations we all know and love, just livened up enough for those who aren't exactly thrilled to listen to the "Sunday School" version for hours on end.|
1. Veggie Tales Theme Song - Rebecca St. James - This is a polished, orchestrated version as only Rebeccas St. James could do it, and though my son likes it fine, it is not my favorite. It just sounds as though it's trying too hard to be grownup.
2. I Love My Lips - Stevenson - This is a hugely entertaining version, straight up garage rock with a cameo by Steven Curtis Chapman himself. Fun to sing along to.
3. Promised Land - Sanctus Real - I actually had not heard/ seen the original song when I heard this one, so I had nothing to "compare" it to, and, as it turns out, that's fine. Sanctus Real livened up and lengthened the music and lyrics, and it is a fun song to bounce around to.
4. In the Belly of The Whale - Newsboys - This is a Newsboys original and plays through the credits of The Jonah Movie. Our family likes this song a lot.
5. The Water Buffalo Song - Superchic[k] - I'd never heard Superchic[k] before this CD, but this is easily one of my favorites on the album (except for the exerpt with the very bad grammar.. that part just drives me crazy).
6. I'm So Blue - Paul Colman - This track is my son's favorite and it is also very entertaining, musically, vocally, lyrically.
7. The Hairbrush Song - Audio Adrenaline - I'm sorry to say that this is the track I skip nearly every time we listen to the CD. I've never been a huge AA fan, though they are great live, so it could simply be personal taste, but I think that the "in concert" version is annoying, particularly the intro, and the song just gets under my skin.
8. The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything - Relient K - Pirates Who Don't Do Anything is one of my most favorite Veggie songs ever, and thankfully, Relient K put a very cool spin on it (whew!), taking it in a punk direction that just tickles me to no end. I was mildly disappointed that they didn't do Larry's second verse, as it's just the best (I've never painted daisies on a big red rubber ball!) but overall, it works out just fine.
9. I Can Be Your Friend - The OC Supertones - I love that the Supertones sing this with all different, mostly silly voices. They sound as though they had fun making it, and that makes it fun to listen to. Musically entertaining.
10. His Cheeseburger - Tait - This track is my husband's favorite and one of my least favorites. It's musically just fine; my complaint is only that the band didn't try to make the song their own. Of all the songs on the CD, this one is the most like its Veggie version. Not bad, just not terribly interesting (to me).
11. Stand - Skillet - As I understand it, not surprisingly, this is the most controversial track on the CD, with Skillet's trademark rocking-your-face-off. However, acknowledging that fact with a gentle warning to gentle listeners, this is my number one favorite on Veggie Rocks! It is headbanging, unapologetic, very Skillet, and if you haven't heard the Rack, Shack and Benny version, you'd never know this wasn't an actual Skillet song. For this song alone, I am grateful I bought the album.
Overall, awesome! Truly a family favorite.
Write your own review about VeggieTales: Veggie Rocks!
Add This Product Widget To Your Website
Looking to add this information to your own website? Then use our Product Widget to allow you to display product information in a frame that is 120 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.
Copy and paste the following HTML into your website and enjoy!